Secret Deviled Eggs
photo by Seasoned Cook
- Ready In:
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Durkee's sauce
- 2 teaspoons pickle relish
- Boil 6 eggs until hard boil stage and allow to cool. (May boil 1 or 2 extra eggs to allow for larger amount of stuffing and for substitution of torn eggs in peeling.) After removing from heat place in cold water so egg white will not become discolored.
- Peel and cut into halves. Place yokes into small bowl and mash out all lumps. Beat yokes by hand until fluffy.
- Add mayonnaise, Durkee's famous sauce, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Stuff eggs. Sprinkle top with paprika.
- Note: Durkee Famous Sauce is a sandwich and salad sauce with a tangy, mustard-mayonnaise flavor. Can be found in most grocery stores.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Thanks for taking the time to stop by My Page! I am married to a quiet, but fun loving guy who cleans up the kitchen!! I have grandchildren who I adore. I am retired from being a paralegal and a real estate agent. I have also been a substitute teacher for the elementary grades in the public school system. All of my recipes are the tried and true type. Many of them have come from my 48 years of cooking, my mother's recipe box or other relatives. I like Taste of Home magazine and I am a big fan of foodnetworkTV. I am a southern girl and enjoy comfort foods!!! I am a big cookbook collector and have been for years. I enjoy baking desserts most of all. I also enjoy games on my laptop, growing flowers, lunches with friends, babysitting grandchildren, photography and traveling. Since life is so short I try to count my blessings each day and give to the less fortunate. I had gotten into a rut on what to cook. Therefore, I am so happy I found the Recipezaar site. Pet Peeve: People with a negative attitude. MY RATING SYSTEM: 5 stars - Excellent in taste. May have minor change. 4 stars - Adjustment in ingredients for flavor. 3 stars - Fair, but not sure whether I would repeat. 2 and 1 stars - I do NOT give. Zaar EVENTS IN WHICH I PARTICIPATED: Aus/NZ Swaps #15,#16 April, May 2008 Aus/NZ Swaps #20#21#22 Sept Oct Nov 2008</p>