Seaweed and Cucumber Salad
photo by Random Rachel
- Ready In:
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil.
- While the water is coming to a boil, soak the seaweed in cool water for 10 minutes.
- Put the seaweed into the boiling water, remove immediately, then plunge into the cold water.
- Dry the seaweed, trim any rough parts, and chop.
- Meanwhile, cut the cucumber in half length-wise. If there are lots of seeds, scrape them out. Slice as thinly as possible.
- Mix the cucumber and seaweed.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the vegetables.
- Chill up to 2 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Recipezaar to learn new recipes that are home cooked. I grew up having ready-meals like Encor and Stouffers and needed recipes that don't simply require opening a box and plopping in the oven! I enjoy cooking when I have the time to try new dishes. I make every recipe as written if I'm reviewing it to give a true review. If I make alterations that aren't in the directions, I don't feel it's a true reflection of the recipe; it's another recipe to me. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/chefpaulag/final-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/329769/ninja%20bmp.jpg" width=75%> (Zaar World Tour 4) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <a href="http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/?action=view¤t=cunningcrocodiles.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/cunningcrocodiles.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/DSC_0020.jpg"> (Australia/New Zealand Swap #15)