Seasoning for Bread, Croutons or Breadcrumbs
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- If making for a dip you are done. Serve with a pasta dish and warm breadsticks.
- If making croutons heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut up bread into bite size pieces. Place bread and oil mixture in a sealable bag toss to coat.
- Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- If making bread crumbs complete steps for croutons and then place croutons in food processor and blend.
- If you feel the crumbs are too wet place on baking sheet and bake for another 5 minutes watching very closely. These will burn in the blink of an eye.
- Store in airtight container.
- I usually freeze in a storage bag until ready to use.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, I am a married, no little ones, but great DH and 3 cats. Grew up in rural Nebraska with a family who loves to cook and eat. Trying to be healthier these days and lose some lbs. I do a lot of batch cooking (not quite OAMC). I am trying to get my sister to do it, she has 4 boys (14 to 6) very active and a husband. I love to collect recipes and cookbooks. I have decided that I am going to try to a new recipe each week. That will be 52 new things done this year. MY RATING SYSTEM: 5 stars: recipes that I or DH personally like . These will include recipes that I may have added or subtracted ingredients for personal tastes. 4 stars: recipes that I or DH thought was good & would eat if served to us, probably will not make again without changes. 3 stars: This is a dish that looks good but the flavor just is not there. More than likely will not make again 2 stars: Not our tastes at all. Not to say this recipe is not good just not for us. 1 star: I think that the we would have to end up in the hospital to give a 1 star rating, but will see how it goes. ZAAR WORLD TOUR 4 <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/mini.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>