Seasoned Thyme Pork Roast
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 45mins
- 3 lbs pork loin roast
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 6 apples, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dried pitted prunes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the pork roast and onions in hot oil in a large ovenproof pot on medium-high heat for 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Combine the barbecue sauce, apple juice and thyme.
- Pour sauce mixture over the pork and onions.
- Cover with an ovenproof lid; simmer another 10 minutes before placing the pot in the oven.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Add apples and prunes; bake an additional 30 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and the apples are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good stuff. I'm not sure what the prunes did for it, but it went well all together. It was nice and sweet, but not a candy like sweetness. I added some black pepper to suit my own tastes. I used granny smith apples because I like a crisper apple. Made and reviewed for Every Day Holiday Tag - Thanks! :)