Seasoned Orange Quail
- Ready In:
- 6 quail
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram, chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried marjoram leaves)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 1 cup veal, minced
- 1⁄2 cup ham, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (or 12 tsp dried rosemary leaves)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 6 pitted prunes
- Remove rib cage from quail by carefully cutting bone from flesh; leave wings and legs intact.
- Combine seasoning. Divide and stuff quail with seasoning; placing prunes in the center.
- Sew quail together using needle and thread.
- Combine butter, wine, marjoram, orange rind and juice in a small saucepan; bring to a boil then remove from heat.
- Place quail in a single layer in a baking dish and pour wine mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 min or until quail are tender. Brush occasionally with pan juices during baking.
- Remove quail from baking dish, cover, keep warm.
- Pour juices back into saucepan over heat, stir in flour. Cook 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Stir in water, crumbled stock cube, and sugar. Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered until slightly thickened; remove from heat, stir in Grand Marnier.
- Pour sauce over Quail. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!