Seasoned Baked Potato Chunks
photo by Dreamer in Ontario
- Ready In:
- 1 1 kg chat potatoes or 1 kg small to medium sized washed potato
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 1/2 teaspoon thyme or 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1⁄4 1/4 teaspoon Season-All salt, dried seasoning blend or 1/4 teaspoon steak spice
- 3 tablespoons brown rice flour or 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olives or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C or 200°C if fan forced.
- chop small potatoes into half. Larger potatoes halve and then into 4 or 6 pieces to make potato regluar sized.
- Place cut potatoes into a large plastic or ziploc bag.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except the tablespoon of oil), seal and then toss until evenly distributed. Add the oil and then toss again.
- Place onto an oiled baking tray and into the oven.
- Turn approx every ten to 15 minutes.
- Cook approx 40 minutes or until browned and cooked thru to your liking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these to accompany a wonderful steak, and they were great. But I really think they'd be great fresh out of the oven for an after school snack, or to enjoy at halftime. I had small potatoes, fresh from the earth from my local co-op, so I reduced the cooking time. The were delicious! Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT!
These came out wonderfully crispy on the outside and tender and fluffy inside. Well, I cheated a little by boiling them a bit first because DH says my roasted potatoes always come out too dry. I used sazon completo (Goya and Badia both make a version) and some home made cayenne pepper to season them. They also made excellent hash browns (I added some onions and chopped the potatoes smaller).
Wonderful!! Made these to go with our dinner of recipe#94195#94195 and a wedge salad and we gobbled these right down. I did cut the recipe in half, used red potatoes cut into chunks and used a mixture of dried basil, thyme a little oregano and garlic powder. Definately one to make again. It only took about 30-35 minutes to cook but that could be because my chunks weren't too large. Thank you for posting. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup ~~ Jan-June 2013 tag game.
I only made one change to this recipe.... I had a 1/2 a packet of Italian herbs and seasoning in the cupboard and used this as the herb ingredient.<br/>This is one wonderful recipe, the potato's were amazing and the flavour with the herbs was just fantastic. Tiny pieces of roast potato with so much flavour!<br/>This family enjoyed these so much.<br/>A recipe that will used quite often now during winter....Thanks **Jubes**
see 14 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Aussie Mum - gluten-free