Seasoned Bagel Chips
photo by LifeIsGood
- Ready In:
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place bagels on a cutting board. Using a serrated bread knife, slice each bagel to form 1/4 inch slices. If they're not perfect, don't worry; still will be good. Place bagel slices on prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- In a blender, combine the oil and remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat one side of bagel with seasoned oil mixture. (Those silicon brushes work great.).
- Bake slices for 16 to 18 minutes, until golden and crisp.
- Remove pan from oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Can be made several days in advance, cooled completely, then stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I skipped the cajun seasoning and added extra garlic. These were great and disappeared fast! It was a huge added benefit that I could make the a couple of days ahead, so party day prep wasn't so hectic! Served them with yummy Philadelphia Dip! http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Philadelphia-Dip-303945
Made these as munchies (tripled the recipe) to go on a finger food counter for a monthly group I host & they were a big hit! Made as per the recipe & then cut the bagels into bite-size pieces! They were devoured in no time at all, so that makes this a great keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my groupmates in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #37)