Seared Shrimp, Peas and Yellow Rice
photo by Zatarains
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (7 ounce) package ZATARAIN'S® Yellow Rice
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1/3 the shrimp; cook 2 minutes or until browned on both sides. Remove shrimp from skillet. Repeat with remaining shrimp, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil as needed. Remove shrimp; set aside.
- Add water and butter to same skillet; bring to boil. Stir in Rice Mix; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in shrimp, peas, green onions and lemon juice until well mixed. Cover. Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!