Seared Scallops With Zucchini and Carrot Cakes
I got this from Cooks for Cause cookbook benefiting Susan G Komen foundation. This was contributed by the owners of the Savories Bistro in MN. This is really quite good!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons dill, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallions or 2 tablespoons chives, minced
Zucchini and Carrot Cakes
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 3 tablespoons grated onions
- 1 cup sweet whole kernel corn
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 16 large scallops
- finely chopped red and yellow tomatoes
- For the cream, combine sour cream, heavy cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, dill, scallions, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- For the zucchini carrot cakes, twist the zucchini and carrots in a dry kitchen towel to remove excess moisture.
- Mix with the onion, corn, eggs and dill in a bowl. Whisk in the flour, salt and pepper. Let stand for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a saute pan. Add the zucchini mixture by 1/4 cupfuls and saute until golden brown on both sides. Keep warm.
- For the scallops, pat scallops with paper towel to dry well. Sear in a hot skillet until golden brown on both sides. Season to taste.
- To assemble, place one vegetable cake on each plate and top each with 1 scallop. Top with the dill cream and finely chopped tomatoes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation