Seared Lamb Shoulder With Israeli Couscous
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 lamb steaks (shoulder, about 2 lbs total, 1 in thick)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups israeli couscous or 1 1/4 cups pearl couscous
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 4 cups Baby Spinach
- Season lamb with paprika, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in lg skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 4-6 min per side. Let rest at least 5 min before slicing to serve.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in pot over med-high heat.
- Add onion and stir until softened or 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in apricots, salt, pepper, couscous, and water amount specified on couscous package.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cover until water is absorbed or 8-12 minutes
- Fold in spinach.
- Serve together.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!