Seared Encrusted Tuna Steak Salad
This recipe is featured in the book "The Naked Chef".
- Ready In:
- 1 small dried red chili
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 1⁄2 clove garlic
- 1 cup basil, finely chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- lemon, juice of
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tuna steaks (8-10 oz each)
- salad greens
- sun-dried tomato
- Smash up the chili and the coriander in a martar and pestle.
- Add the garlic, basil, cilantro, and lemon juice to taste.
- Mix together, and season.
- Lay out tuna steaks on a tray, season both sides and rub the herb mixture on to each side.
- Heat pan and rub it with a little olive oil.
- Put on the tuna.
- Sear the tuna so that it toasts, fries, and browns (about 45-60 seconds on each side).
- Rip steaks in half and serve on salad greens with sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I like the recipes from Jamie Oliver and this one is no exception. The herb-spices rub used here gives the tuna an extraordinary taste, spicy throught the chili and fresh through the coriander. Cilantro and basil do the rest and a wonderful fish dish is made. Don't overcook the tuna. I think this is the most important part here. And combine with salad, olives and sun-dried tomatoes. I added some capers. GreatReply