Seafood Pasta Drizzled With Truffle Oil
- Ready In:
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup minced shallot (about 10)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic (about 4 cloves)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes (5 or 6 should do it)
- 1 lb fresh mussels, scrubbed and beards peeled
- 1 lb shrimp, deveined and peeled completely including tails
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, dark green parts only
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, torn into large pieces
- truffle oil, as needed
- Note: have pasta ready before you start this dish; don't worry if it cools off, as it will be warmed up again in the skillet.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil; add shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and saute for about one minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for another minute.
- Add mussels and shrimp, season again with salt and pepper, and cook for just two minutes.
- Add wine, bring to a simmer, and cover.
- Cook until mussel shells all open, about 4 minutes or so.
- Add crabmeat and onions; season again with salt and pepper; cook for just one minute.
- Add pasta and toss; cook until pasta is heated through, only about one minute.
- Remove from heat; add cheese and basil and lightly toss, then place mixture in a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with a drizzle of truffle oil and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was pretty good, and very easy to make. I didn't have fresh mussels in their shells so I replaced them with a shrimp/mussel mix. Maybe I missed out on some of taste. I used up a lot of truffle oil after all my guests told me they loved it, and it certainly gave the dish a special flair. Thanks for the recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been sharing recipes here at Recipezaar since October 2001. You won't see me around anymore, although if you're an old-school Zaarite you'll remember that in the past, you couldn't shut me up!