- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, to taste,crushed to a paste
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarsley ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb scallops
- 24 littleneck clams
- 1 1⁄2 lbs crab legs
- 1 lb unpeeled fresh large shrimp
- Heat olive oil in a very large, heavy pot, over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until soft, stirring frequently.
- Pour in tomatoes and white wine.
- Season with parsley, basil, salt, pepper and the bay leaf.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until liquid is reduced almost completely, about 1 hour.
- Add clams, scallops, clams, crab legs and shrimp to the pot.
- Cover, and cook over medium heat until clams open.
- Scoop portions into large bowls to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!