MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb raw small baby shrimp
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1 small celery rib, finely chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 lemon, zest of
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 English muffins (plain or sourdough, Thomas's brand)
- butter, for spreading
- lemon wedge, for squeezing
- 4 leaves boston lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup spicy seafood cocktail sauce
- Grind shrimp into a paste in a food processor; transfer to a bowl, using a spatula.
- Add the crabmeat to the bowl, breaking it up and flaking it as you add it.
- Add in celery, scallions, red bell peppers, garlic, parsley, Old Bay, cayenne, chili powder, lemon zest, salt, and pepper; stir mixture to combine.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat; add in olive oil.
- Using a large metal scoop or spoon, scoop 4 mounds of seafood mixture into the pan.
- Gently pat down to form patties and fry 3-5 minutes on each side or until the shrimp turns whitish pink and the patties are evenly golden.
- Split and toast the English muffins; butter the muffin bottoms.
- Place burgers on muffin bottoms and squeeze lemon juice over them, then top with lettuce.
- Slather the top of the muffins with cocktail sauce and set in place; serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note