Seafood and Sausage Pasta With Essence Cream Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is from Emeril Lagasse. We saw him make this on his show and just had to have it! I included the Essence recipe he gave with the recipe so you don't have to hunt it down or go buy Essence at the store.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
For the Pasta dish
- 12 ounces linguine
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces hot sausage, removed from its casing and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, cut into thin 1-inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped plus extra for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- To make the Essence: Place all the ingredients, salt through paprika, in a bowl and stir well to combine thoroughly. Store in and airtight container and use as needed. (about 2/3 cup).
- To make the Pasta Dish: Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes for dry pasta. Drain in a colander. Return to pot and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cover and keep warm while finishing the recipe.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan, cook the sausage over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Pour off the fat from the pan.
- Heat the oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell peppers and shallots and cook, stirring, until just soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, green onions, and 1 tablespoon of the Essence, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Deglaze with white wine and cook until almost completely reduced.
- Add the shrimp and sprinkle with remaining 2 teaspoons for the Essence.
- Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are just pink, about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and cream and bring to a boil.
- Cook stirring until starting to thicken, about 1 minute.
- Add the cooked pasta, cheese and parsley, and toss to combine. Cook until the pasta is heated through and well coated, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Divide among 4 pasta bowls, garnish with additional green onions, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION