Seafood Alfredo Sauce
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, small
- 1⁄2 lb imitation crabmeat, cut up into small chunks
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces half-and-half
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in heavy or non-stick pan.
- Add flour and stir for about 2 minutes. Add all spices. Don't let it color.
- Whisk in half and half and milk. Heat over a low-medium flame until it is thickened and very hot. Don't let it boil. This step usually takes 10 minutes.
- Add parmesan cheese, stir and take off flame.
- Immediately add raw scallops and stir. Let stand 2 minutes. It cooks that fast.
- Stir in cooked shrimp and crab. Taste for seasoning. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is simple and tasty sauce. I thought the thickness was just right and wouldn't have wanted it any thicker. I did add a little extra cheese for more flavor, and this is a sauce you want to use a nice flavorful aged parmesan, not the stuff in a can. I had to leave out the seafood, I had planned on shrimp, but found it had freezer burn, but it was fine as is and I served it over penne noodles. I left out the nutmeg because I don't like it in savory dishes, the onion powder was a nice addition, and I would recommend using fresh garlic. Thanks Pesto Lover for sharing ! Made for PAC Spring 2010
My sister and I made this for my parents' 18th anniversary. (I am 13 and she is 11.) We all LOVED it! It was so good and will definently try it again. The changes we made were diced onions and fresh crushed garlic instead of onion and garlic powder. We also found that it needed more flour to make it a bit thicker. THANKS PESTO LOVER!