photo by HokiesMom
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Cream together butter, shortening, sugar, egg and the vanilla. Blend in the flour, cream of tartar, soda and salt.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon for the rolling mixture in a small bowl.
- Shape rounded spoonfuls of dough into balls and roll the balls in the mixture. Place two inches apart on un-greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set but do NOT over bake!
- Remove from cookie sheets and cool on rack. Store in airtight container as soon as they are at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful cookies! These have a nice soft texture. Mine did not flatten out the first go round so I had nice snickerdoodle balls but then the other sheets I pressed them down using a glass and they were perfect (maybe the humidity 'round these parts was messing with the cookies). Did not matter as they are a nice light cookie full of flavor! Made for the I Recommend Tag Game in Cooking Games with Friends Forum based off of loof's review!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook, bake, camp and watch football