Scrumptious Green Beans
photo by cflan123435
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 inch cube peeled ginger, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black mustard seeds or 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 lb green beans
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- Saute mustard seeds and ginger in olive oil over moderate heat until seeds being to pop.
- Add beans, stir fry over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water, cover tightly, simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove lid when most of the water has evaporated.
- Add remaining ingredients except lemon juice, and continue cooking until beans are slightly crispy.
- Add lemon juice just before serving. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was raised on southern cooking, but over the past few years, I have been looking for more healthy ways to eat. As a result, some of my recipes are healthy and some aren't. <br> <br>I am usually just cooking for myself, so I am especially interested in recipes that can be made for single servings or easily refrigerated/frozen for later. <br> <br>I am a teacher, and on weekends I try to make something that I can take for lunch the following week (something that won't be boring by Friday!) so that I can just grab it and go each weekday morning. <br> <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">