Scrumptious Giant White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 cup unsalted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar (packed)
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg (separated)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread macadamia nuts and coconut over a cookie sheet; roast, stirring every 2 minutes, until golden brown, about 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Increase heat to 375 degrees. Whisk flour, baking soda and baking powder together in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cream the butter in a mixing bowl with a mixer on low speed, 30 seconds. Add the sugars and salt; increase the speed to medium. Beat the mixture until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Reduce the speed; add the egg and egg yolk. Beat until combined. Beat in vanilla. Add dry ingredients; mix on low until combined. Stir in chips, nuts and coconut.
- Scoop out about 3 tablespoons of dough per cookie, arranging 2 inches apart on greased cookie sheets. Bake cookies 1 tray at a time, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking, until cookies are golden brown and edges have begun to set but centers are still soft, 10-14 minutes per batch. Transfer sheet to wire rack to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!