Scrambled Eggs With Herbs and Smoked Salmon
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 7 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup cream (125ml thin cream)
- salt (to taste)
- cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 40 g butter
- 2 tablespoons herbs (parsley, chives and dill leaves)
- 4 bagels (split)
- 100 g smoked salmon (flaked into pieces)
- Whisk eggs, cream and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat until foaming.
- Add egg mixture, sprinkle with herbs and cook for 3 minutes.
- Gently draw in edges with a fork to allow uncooked egg to run underneath and cook until eggs are just set.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place bagels in a toaster or oven grill (broil) and toast until golden brown.
- Spoon eggs onto bagels and top with flaked salmon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I enjoyed this for brunch last week I'm Pat, it was awesome. Made exactly as written but scaled down for one. It had the perfect balance of flavor and textures. I served the scrambled eggs and norwegian smoked steelhead salmon on a toasted sesame bagel for a real treat. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again and again, it was so quick and easy. Made for 123 Tag
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap.