Scrambled Eggs With a Twist
For when you want something a little different from normal scrambled eggs this idea sprang up and made an excellent breakfast !
- Ready In:
- 2 slices of sliced bread (I used a wholemeal seeded loaf)
- 3 -5 small cherry tomatoes, still on the vine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 large eggs
- 30 ml milk
- 3 -5 large fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmegano cheese
- sea salt
- black pepper
- Put the tomatoes into an oven proof dish and drizzle with the olive oil then sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Place in a medium hot oven (150°C - 180°C) for about 30 minutes so they soften and cook through.
- when the tomatoes are almost done start beating together the eggs and milk.
- Warm a pan and put the butter in so it melts and coats the bottom.
- Add the eggs and keep stirring gently as it cooks.
- Toast the bread and butter it.
- Place the eggs on the toast (buttered if you like).
- Place the scrambled eggs (I like mine soft and creamy but you may want to cook yours a little longer) on the toast.
- Put the tomatoes on and sprinkle the fresh basil, parmegano cheese, sea salt and black pepper on.
- Serve straightaway.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation