Scrambled Egg and Breakfast Sausage Panini
This would be a great sandwich to make for lunch or dinner too! Freshly made and nice and warm - what could be better? You can serve this with maple syrup and fresh fruit as well. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 maple flavoured breakfast sausage, fully cooked and broken into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup pecan pieces
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 6 ounces bocconcini, drained and cut into 1/4 slices
- butter, for panini press or grill pan (optional)
- maple syrup and fresh fruit (to garnish) (optional)
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onions, sausages and pecans; sauté until onions are just softened, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until eggs are firm but not dry. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a panini maker or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions and mound each portion on one slice of bread. Top each with Bocconcini slices and top with remaining bread slices.
- Lightly butter the outside of each panini. Cook until both sides of each panini are golden; serve immediately. Serve warm and garnish with maple syrup and fresh fruit if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION