- Ready In:
- Grate the coloured rind from the lemons using a fine grater. Melt the butter slowly in a heavy base saucepan and stir in the lemon rind and sugar. Heat gently until the sugar is fuly dissolved.
- Stir one tablespoon of the hot mixture into the eggs; repeat this procedure twice more.
- (This will prevent the eggs from curdling.).
- Pour into the pan and heat gently, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Stir in the Drambuie and heat until thick again; Do not boil! Pour into hot sterilized jars and cover.
- This can be stored for up to about a month in a cool, dry dark place, or it refrigerates for up to 2-3 months very well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Mmmmmmm, Mmmmmmmmmmm, Good! The directions are nice and clear so I did not mess this up (like my previous attempt at making lemon curd, many years ago). I used some of this as a sponge filling (wow!)to take to a friend's dinner party (I was lucky to get a slice for my own self) and the rest in little puff pastry squares which were quickly polished off by the family. Thank you Tisme.