Scottish Beef in Whisky Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This quick-cooking dish requires prime meat. The whisky liqueur will reduce to a sweet glistening glaze. The creamy sauce has a delicious boozy flavour.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks, preferably aberdeen angus
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Scotch whisky (or whisky liqueur such as Drambuie)
- 5 tablespoons double cream (heavy whipping cream)
- salt and pepper
- Cut the beef up into thin strips.
- Melt the butter in a medium frying pan.
- Add the beef strips and onion and cook for 5-10 minutes, until the beef is brown and cooked to taste.
- Stir in the liqueur and cream.
- Heat gently to reduce liquid slightly.
- Serve at once with vegetables.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION