Schnitzel Eierkuchen (PA Dutch Ham & Bacon Omelet)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is an easy and tasty Amish egg dish with ham, bacon and lots of onions!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb chopped smoked ham
- 4 small onions, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1/4 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- Fry bacon in a skillet until crisp; remove from skillet.
- Fry the ham over low heat in the drippings until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Remove ham and fry onions in drippings until soft and lightly browned.
- Add bacon and ham to skillet and mix with the onion.
- Beat the eggs and add milk, salt and pepper.
- Pour into skillet and cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately on hot toast.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION