photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 chicken breasts, boned,skinned,& cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups julienne carrots
- 1 (6 ounce) package snow peas, thawed & drained
- In a wok or large skillet, over high heat, heat oil.
- Add garlic& saute 1 minute.
- Add chicken& stir fry till pieces turn white.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, sugar, cornstarch, ginger,& Tobasco sauce.
- Add to skillet along with carrots.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add snow peas& stir fry for 3 minutes longer.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
First, I halved the recipe and made 2 generous servings over jasmine rice. Next, I increased the amount of garlic, used freshly grated ginger and used 1 1/2 teaspoons Sambal Oelek instead of the Tabasco. The snow peas were fresh and added some julienned summer squash to increase the amount of veggies. Stir-fry is a great choice on a weeknight--quick and easy.