Scandinavian Seafood Platter
A recipe found in Taste.com. Can't wait for summer to try this.
- Ready In:
- 250 g kipfler potatoes, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers, baby salted capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, sliced into ribbons
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 500 g prawns, tiger cooked, peeled, leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- baby butter lettuce leaf, to serve
- good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise, to serve
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Cut into 1cm-thick slices and place in a bowl. Add the oil, mustard and capers and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, vinegar, salt and sugar in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Combine the prawns and chopped dill in small bowl.
- Arrange the potato salad, cucumber salad, prawns, salmon, bread and lettuce on serving plates or platter.
- Serve immediately with mayonnaise, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION