Scandinavian Blueberry Soup
A light fruit soup from Bon Appetit.
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) bag unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 lemon slices (1/4-inch-thick)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lemon wedge
- low-fat vanilla yogurt or vanilla frozen yogurt
- Bring first 7 ingredients to boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until berries are very tender, about 15 minutes. Discard lemon slices and cinnamon stick.
- Puree half of soup in blender or processor. Transfer all of soup to medium bowl and refrigerate until very cold. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead.).
- Divide soup between 2 bowls or large goblets. Serve with lemon wedges and dollop of vanilla yogurt.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation