Scandinavian Apple Cake
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- 3 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups applesauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- Melt the butter in a frying pan.
- Combine breads crumbs, sugar, and cinnamon- add to the butter in the pan and stir until mixed and golden brown.
- Divide this mixture into three parts- placing the first portion into a greased deep dish pie plate.
- Pour 1 cup of the applesauce on top to cover.
- Continue with another layer of crumbs, then another layer of applesauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining portion of bread crumbs on top of the last applesauce layer and dot with 2 Tbsp butter.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temp before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is a very unusual cake to me because it called for breadcrumbs. I'd never made one with it before. I like the warm applesauce in it once its done. Though the cake wasn't like usual cakes( as in being hard n set once done), it was not bad in taste. But if it would be alot more firm, it would be really nice. It was something different from normal cakes.