Scallops With Creamy Pesto
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sea scallops, patted dry
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the scallops 4 minutes until golden and barely opaque in centers. Remove to plate.
- Remove skillet from heat, add pesto and cream and stir quickly to blend.
- Spoon the sauce onto serving plates and top with the scallops.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I used a tomato pesto for this and a mixture of scallops and shrimp. It was really nice but I agree that the scallops need some seasoning. Sauteing them with fresh garlic and onions would probably be best but I used a good amount of sea salt and freshly ground pepper after they were cooked. Very nice on some hot pasta! Made for PRMR. Thanks duonyte! :)
This is the first time I've used food.com. Made lots of homemade pesto this summer and wanted to use to make a scallop appetizer to bring for Ch. eve. Found this recipe - it was wonderful! I added a little whole milk (had no cream) and lots of parmesan cheese to the pesto - heated in the micro and placed a spoonful in each serving dish. Sauted lots of garlic in oil and added the scallops for 2 1/2 minutes. Added salt, pepper and paprika. Placed the scallops on the pesto. Delicious! (I used frozen scallops from Costco - defrosted and dried well with a paper towel before frying).