- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 cups potatoes (very thinly sliced and peeled boiling potatoes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 -6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chives (finely chopped) or 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 12 anchovies (well drained and chopped)
- 3 slices bacon (cooked until crisp and crumbled(if using bacon reduce the salt below)
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 1⁄8 cup cream or 1/8 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drop potatoes into boiling water.
- Add the teaspoon of salt.
- Parboil potatoes about 8 minutes and drain well.
- Grease a 10 inch round baking dish.
- Place the potatoes in it in 3 layers, sprinkling each layer with flour and dotting it with butter (all in all use 2 tbsp flour and 3 to 6 tbsp butter).
- Also layer with chives, anchovies, bacon, bell peppers or whatever your heart desires. Ham or cheese would also be delicious.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk or cream.
- Season with salt, paprika, and dry mustard.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake about 35 minutes, testing for tenderness with a fork.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.