Garlic Scalloped Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 8 baking potatoes
- 1 large onion (Chopped)
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups of shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- clean, peel and slice potatoes.
- layer in a glass casserole dish.
- chop garlic and onions and add on top.
- add butter on tablespoons all over (dont melt oven will do that for you).
- cover with foil
- bake 30-45 minutes at 400 degrees or until reaches desired tenderness when poked with fork.
- after the potatoes are done to the desired tenderness uncover and add cheese ( less or more that I do).
- bake at 350 degrees until cheese is lightly browned.
- ENJOY !
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this to have as a side dish for Christmas dinner. My mom makes the scalloped potatoes every year but due to her being under the weather I stepped up and and volunteered to make them. My family LOVES my mom’s potatoes so I was pretty nervous going into this especially when I showed my mom the recipie and her comment was ‘what? no milk or flour??’ ?? Well, I made them (double batch) and they came out absolutely delicious and my family was really impressed. This recipie was very easy and for someone who is not a good cook, I came out smelling like a rose. Thanks for the easy and yummy recipie.
Haven't made it myself but had it at my sister and brother-in-laws for Easter 2015 with terrific baked ham (bone-in) with chutney and asparagus. The scalloped potatoes were delicious!! I asked for the recipe and plan to make it myself. I haven't had much success with scalloped potatoes but based on what I ate - I think the key to its success was much more thinly sliced potatoes than I usually used. Yummy!!
I have to say I was uneasy about making this recipe, I thought ingredients were missing lol, no milk, no soup etc. I kept reading it over several times and decided to just follow it as it was printed. I am shocked!!!! These scalloped potatoes have to be the best I have ever made!!!! My husband was impressed lol. Very easy also prompted me to make them lol. I now know this recipe will be my "go to" scalloped potato recipe from now on!!!! You won't be disappointed!!