Southern Living Ultimate Quick and Easy Cookbook Other time: 30 minutes to marinate
- Ready In:
- 8 (12 inch) wooden skewers
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb large scallop, drained
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- lemon wedge
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in warm water 30 minutes. Drain.
- Combine olive oil and next 5 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place scallops, zucchini, and onion in a large zip-top freezer bag. Add lemon juice mixture; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Remove scallops and vegetables from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread scallops and zucchini 1/4-inch apart onto 3 skewers. Thread onion 1/4-inch apart onto remaining 3 skewers.
- Grill onion, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350 to 400 F) 5 minutes; add scallops. Grill, covered with grill lid, 15 additional minutes, turning once. Serve scallops and vegetables with lemon wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation