SAVOURY POTATO CAKE
photo by shazzieau
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 kg potato
- 50 g butter, chopped
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 160 g sliced salami, diced
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 80 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 250 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 150 g shredded ham
- 1 1⁄2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- preheat oven to 180 Celsius grease a 24 cm springform tin.
- peel then boil the potatoes in salted water. drain and mash well with a potato masher. move to a large bowl.
- add a pinch of nutmeg and the 50 g butter. stirring until the butter has melted.
- add eggs 1 at a time, stirring well after each addition.
- add the salami, 80 g of parmesan, milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- place half the potato mix into the springform tin and top with the mozzarella cheese and shredded ham. top with the rest of the mix.
- sprinkle liberally with the breadcrumbs and the 1/3 cup parmesan cheese. dot with the butter.
- cook for 45 - 50 minutes or util nicely brown on top.
- remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
- serve as a side with meat and gravy and vegetables of choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm just a wife and mother who loves to cook. I still have kids living at home but the others are always here for meals too.I feel like I never get out of the kitchen. If only some one would clean up after me.