- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 2 -3 2 -3 lbs chicken livers or 2 -3 lbs chicken heart (I only used hearts and gizzards)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup dry white wine or 1 cup apple juice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot sauce or ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine everything except meat in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add meat and simmer 2 hours til tender.
- Serve with rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I absolutely love hearts and gizzards and was looking for a different way to eat them other than my normal way of boiling and making chicken rice. I used the slow cooker per another review,except I threw everything in at once at it wound up cooking on low for about 7 hrs before I got to eat. My only complaint is that they were a little TOO tender for me, but maybe I'm weird and like my giblets a little chewier. My kids liked the recipe, and my fiance thought throwing in some chicken thighs would be good too. Next time, I will try on the stove top and not cook for so long. Thanks for the different recipe on an old favorite!