Savoury Corn Pikelets
These pikelets are delicious spread with cream cheese or pate. Eat them within 24 hours as they don't stay fresh long. If you don't have skimmed milk powder then use full cream powder. If you don't have milk powder at all then use 1 1/2cups ordinary milk and omit the powder and water.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 220 g creamed corn (approx 1/2 lge can)
- 4 chopped spring onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and beat well for about 3 minutes until batter is smooth.
- Heat a non stick fry pan and cook tablespoonfuls of mixture until they are bubbly and holey on the top surface. Carefully turn the pikelets over and cook the other side. If you don’t have a non-stick fry pan then use a smidge of oil in a regular pan.