I love this but don't get to have it very often because nobody in my family likes sauerkraut as much as I do. This is so easy and delicious! Adapted from a Sunset cookbook recipe. I sometimes add chopped, cooked bacon to this.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings (best) or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can sauerkraut, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Fry the chopped onion in hot bacon fat until soft. Add sauerkraut, tomatoes, caraway seed and sugar; mix thoroughly.
- Turn into a 1 1/2-quart casserole and bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for 30-40 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more