Savory Prosciutto Muffins
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup prosciutto, minced (2 ounces)
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F Coat 12 (1/2-cup) muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until golden, about 5 minutes. Stir in prosciutto and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Whisk flour, rosemary, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper in a large bowl until combined. Whisk buttermilk, eggs and oil in a medium bowl until blended.
- Fold the onion mixture and buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until evenly moistened. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake the muffins until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!