Savory Herb Pork Chops
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons light brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, divided
- thinly sliced apple, garnish
- fresh rosemary sprig, garnish
- In a large zip-lock freezer bag, stir together ¼ cup apple juice, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and mustard; add in pork.
- Seal bag, and shake well to coat; chill 30 minutes, turning once.
- Remove pork from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Pat pork dry; sprinkle with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook pork in hot oil in a big skillet over med-high heat 3 minutes on each side; remove pork from skillet.
- Cook onion and garlic in hot drippings, stirring constantly 1 minute.
- Add in remaining ¾ cup apple juice to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan.
- Stir in rosemary, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Bring onion mixture to a boil; decrease heat to med-low and simmer 3-5 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half.
- Add pork to onion mixture, turning to coat.
- Cover and cook 5-10 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 155°.
- Remove from heat, and place pork on a serving platter; cover with foil and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together ¼ cup water, 1 tablespoon flour, remaining 1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar and remaining 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar in skillet until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over med-low heat; decrease heat to low and simmer 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Drizzle sauce over pork and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note