Savory Corn Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean pork sausage
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can cut green beans
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cornbread topping:.
- Mix ingredients togehter only to moisten.
- Lightly brown the sauaage over medium heat and drain.
- Stir flour in with meat.
- Slowly add tomato juice while stirring and cook to thicken.
- Drain corn and beans, reserving liquid.
- Add to meat mixture.
- If sauce/meat mixture gets too thick, thin with reserved vegetable juices or more tomato juice.
- Pour meat mixture into 2 quart casserole.
- Top with cornbread dough dropped by spoonful.
- Bake at 375 degrees until browned and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Safety Engineer. Like to hunt, fish, camp, shoot trap, photograpy. Bit of a high tech redneck.