Savory Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Ready In:
- Coat large skillet with non-stick spray. Place over medium heat and cook onion, garlic, and mushrooms until golden, stirring often.
- Add chicken and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in carrots, rice mix and water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover and simmer about 3 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Serve, topping each portion with parmesan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really good; it needed a bit of something but not sure what. I added a bit of salt at the table and that helped but it was still lacking a bit of...? I really don't think this would serve more than 4 people. I followed the recipe exactly but the only rice box I could find was 6 1/4 ounces, so I followed the directions on the box for how much water to add (1 3/4 c.) and that worked perfectly. I LOVED that there was just one pan to clean up, and this was quick to put together and easy too. I'm going to keep this in my permanent file for when I need a really quick and simple meal. Made for PAC Spring '11.