Savannah Cheese Wafers
- Ready In:
- 1hr 1min
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Using electric mixer, beat butter in medium bowl until light and fluffy.
- Resift flour with salt and cayenne;add to butter and beat just until blended.
- Add cheese and blend just until combined; do not overmix (dough will be crumbly).
- Gather dough into a ball; divide into fourths and flatten into disks.
- (Can be prepared ahead.Wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 2 months. Thaw dough before continuing.).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll 1 dough piece out between pieces of waxed paper to thickness of 1/8 inch.
- Cut out rounds using a 2 inch plain or scalloped cookie cutter.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Gather up scraps, reroll and cut out additional rounds.
- Transfer rounds to nonstick baking sheets (or to parchment covered regular baking sheets) and bake until golden, about 12 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve slightly warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!