Savannah Cabbage Bake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 4 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- In a saucepan, combine cabbage, water, and salt.
- Boil, covered, for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Combine soup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, milk, and onion in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and mix well.
- Melt butter in small dish.
- Add breadcrumbs and stir.
- Sprinkle over cabbage mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until browned and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I thought this was very good, but a bit too salty (probably from the soup). I didn't salt my boiling water and I used low-sodium soy sauce. I will make this again, but maybe dilute the soup a bit. I liked flavor that the soy and worcestershire sauces added, so I wouldn't cut back on them. Thanx for sharing!
I liked this too. I made almost like you instructed. I didn't have enough cabbage so I added some broccoli. The sauce was a nice blen. Although, it was a little salty. I think I will put in a little less soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce next time. I will be making this again. Thanks for hte recipe.:)