Sauteed Yam With Ginger and Lime
photo by BakinBaby
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs yams, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, finley chop
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons parsley or 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in heavy large pan over high heat.
- Add yams and saute until begining to brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add onion, serrano pepper, and ginger; saute until onion is just tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Allow to continue cooking for about another 5 minutes, stirring just occasionally.
- Sprinkle potato mixture with lime juice and either parsley or cilantro.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!