Sauteed Squash and Tomatoes
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 3 slices bacon, thick hickory-smoked
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups zucchini, sliced
- 4 cups yellow squash, sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- bay leaf
- Sauté bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until crisp; remove bacon, and drain on paper towels, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in skillet.
- Sauté onion and next 4 ingredients in hot drippings 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Add zucchini and yellow squash; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, and cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in butter and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!