Sauteed Hakurei Turnips and Braised Greens
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe is from The Culinary School of the Rockies. Got Hakurei turnips from my CSA and local farmer's markets and looking for different ways to prepare.
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch baby turnip (actually hakurei turnips, with greens)
- 1 lb leafy greens (such as Chard, Mizuna, spinach, tatsoi)
- 2 teaspoons oil, divided
- 1⁄2 1/2 cup apple juice or 1/2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the greens from the turnips. Wash and tear all the greens into large pieces and remove the stems. Cut the turnips into bite sized pieces.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Sautee the turnips stirring or tossing occasionally until they are crispy outside and tender inside. Season with salt and pepper and remove to a warm plate.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil over medium heat.
- Add the washed and wet greens, and add to pan in batches. Stir and mix as they wilt.
- Add the wine or other liquid and cook until it is mostly evaporated.
- Plate greens and arrange the warm turnips on top.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION