Sauteed Green Beans With Almonds
A simple, but delicious, dish. The cooking method really brings out the flavor of fresh-from-the-garden green beans. Recipe serves 4-5 as a side dish, or 2 as a vegetarian main course over rice.
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 cups green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- In saute pan, melt olive oil and butter over medium-low heat.
- Add shallots and saute 1 minute.
- Add green beans, garlic, salt, and onion powder. Stir to coat beans.
- Saute until beans are almost tender.
- Add almonds and continue to saute until green beans are crisp-tender.
- Serve warm as a side dish, or over rice as a vegetarian main course.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION