Sauteed Crookneck Squash and Egg Noodles
photo by Potagekempcc
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup maui onion (Sliced Thin)
- 2 serrano peppers (Small Diced)
- 1 lb crookneck yellow squash (Sliced-Half Moon)
- 1⁄4 cup Chardonnay wine (Barefoot Celllars)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves (Split)
- 16 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 lemon (4-Wedges)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (Fine)
- 16 ounces egg noodles (Blanched)
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley (Chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup small caper (Drained)
- Place 1-tablespoon olive oil in a hot saute pan. Add 1-tablespoon garlic and saute for a minute. Add baby spinach, sea salt, black pepper, 3-lemon wedges juiced and saute until spinach wilts.
- Heat a large saute pan with olive oil. Add onions, serrano pepper, crookneck squash and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add Chardonnay wine and reduce by half.
- Place egg noodles is salted water and finish cooking.
- Drain noodles and place in a large bowl. Add spinach, parsley and capers. lemon juice and toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place in warm bowls and serve.
- Garnish with fresh Italian Parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!