Sauteed Chicken With White Wine Mustard Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup pinot grigio wine (white wine)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken breasts in flour.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat until the oil smokes lightly.
- Place the chicken breasts into the pan and top each with a pat of butter.
- Cook the chicken breasts, turning once. When chicken is cooked, set aside and keep warm.
- Pour out any excess oil in the pan, leaving the crispy bits. Return the pan to the stove top.
- Pour the white wine into the pan and deglaze it, scraping all the crispy bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce wine by 1/2 to 3/4.
- Add the Dijon mustard (I like Grey Poupon Country Dijon) and whisk until incorporated.
- Serve sauce over chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My name is Karen and I live West of Chicago (on the edge of no where!) with my DH, our two German Shepherds, and our two daughters. I love to golf, garden (except for the weeding!), am addicted to romance novels (and good science fiction), and I love to bake--usually cakes from scratch when I have the time! Since getting married, I have been cooking a lot more and am having a lot of fun trying new recipes! And now that I have two little ones, the slow cooker is my friend! The girls take a lot of time, but they are worth it!<br /><br />The dogs are my babies too--though they are about as big as I am! It has been a bit of a challenge at times, as they both have severe hip dysplasia, but they are great dogs and I have learned so much about arthritis! I have also learned a lot about cancer, as our female was diagnosed with bone cancer. She is now on three, but doing great post-chemo. They are both great with the kids and love to ***** little hands and feet! and noses! and ears! and...! <br /><br />I participated in the 2006 Fall PAC--and what a great game/program/thing! So much fun! <br /><br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /> <br /><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /></p>