Seasoned & Sauteed Cabbage
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, chopped small
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small apples (McIntosh) or 1/4-1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seeds or 1/4 teaspoon celery seed (optional)
- Melt margerine in a large fry pan or wok.
- Add rest of the ingredients.
- Saute till desired doneness, about 20-25 minutes.
- 4 side dishes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was delicious!! I used butter, apple, caraway seeds, red onion, minced garlic and 1/2 of a green cabbage. I also added salt and pepper as I sauteed it. I had leftover pork tenderloin that I heated and it was so-o-o good together. This is a flavorful, fast and easy recipe. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York (The beautiful Hudson Valley)(Orange/Ulster County)I love to cook, and enjoy watching people enjoy my creations. I love to try different recipes and like trying ones with ingredients or type of cooking most wouldn't think of trying.